- Start date: 1 July 2017
- End date: 29 February 2020
- Funder: RCUK Innovate UK
- Primary investigator: Professor Natasha Merat
- Co-investigators: Professor Richard Romano
- Researchers: Dr Foroogh Hajiseyedjavadi, Dr Chongfeng Wei, Dr Tyron Louw, Evangelos Paschalidis
- Project website: https://humandrive.co.uk/
The HumanDrive project will develop a prototype autonomous vehicle with the aim of successfully demonstrating a lengthy end-to-end journey in a variety of settings.
Including country roads, A-roads and motorways in live traffic and different environmental conditions. Before being introduced to UK roads, the system will be developed and subjected to a robust testing process using a range of facilities, including simulation, hardware in the loop, private test track and small sections of public roads.
One of the key innovative aspects of the project will be the development of an advanced vehicle control system.
Designed to allow the vehicle to emulate a ‘natural’ human driving style using machine learning and developing an Artificial Intelligence to enhance the user comfort and experience.
Read more in the University of Leeds' news article.